Send Whiskey #17 - Whiskey Business | Instagram Trends for 2021 for the Beverage Industry
- by Andi Whiskey
The topics we go over:
1. Content is king, and should be quality
- authenticity is important
- content needs to be high quality but needs to feel real and relatable
2. Utilize Instagram Stories More
- stories are a great place to make the brand feel relatable and personal
3. Instagram is pushing reels hard
- engagement is through the roof
4. Trending Cross-Platform Content
- Tiktok plus IG cross posting
5. Relatable and Relevant Influencers
- make sure you're using influencers that speak to your customer demographic
- ...also make sure you know who your customer demographic is on social media
6. Utilize Live Content
- people are tuning in live, still, and will continue to
7. IGTV Will Continue to be Useful
- skip youtube. This is a much more pleasant way to interact with customers.
- still not seeing much traction for videos over 30 min... it's still on a phone
8. Cause Marketing
- the platforms have baked in ways to raise money for causes, increasing engagement and brand loyalty
9. Instagram Shopping
- there was a BIG push around the holidays 2020
10. Pay Attention to the Explore Tab
- algorithms are getting better at making this an interesting space to "explore" so working to understand the algorithm for how to get posts there is key
- utilize ad placements here
We also talk a lot about our Whiskey Weekly show. You can watch it at 4pm MST every Wednesday at instagram.com/andi.whiskey. If you're interested in sponsoring with your spirits, please reach out to email@example.com.
If you need help managing your Instagram, we're happy to be the experts to help. Reach out! twistandtailor.com
Andi Whiskey, instagram.com/andi.whiskey
And don't forget to follow us on instagram, instagram.com/send.whiskey and shoot us a message about what you'd like to hear on future episodes.
Also check out our agency, Twist & Tailor, instagram.com/twistandtailor. We help grow food and beverage businesses. If you own a business, get in touch.